Monday 21 October 2013

Sweet Tooth Craving!


One thing I am really passionate about is healthy eating and fuelling your body with nourishing food. I apply this passion not only to snacks and meals, but also treats when you get those inevitable sweet cravings.

This post I’ll be sharing with you a few of my favourite go-to recipes when I have my sweet tooth craving.  My number one inspiration is my younger sister, Emma Paterson, who shares all her own healthy recipes on her Instagram account: Emmajayepaterson.  She is so inspiring and such motivation with all her positive tips on how to keep healthy and fit. 

All of the recipes are very simple and easy, so if you’re not a genius in the kitchen like me, you will love them too :) 


Cacao Smoothie Bowl

 This one is my absolute favourite! 
I usually have this one for breakfast in a bowl


- Coconut water (I use H2COCO)
- 1 Frozen Banana 
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Vegan SunWarrior Vanilla protein powder)
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (I use Almond Butter)
- 1 teaspoon Loving earths Cacao powder or Cacao nibs
- Ice
Blend!
Protein Bliss Balls
A yummy snack for when you’re on the go! 

- 1 cup Oats (I use ground flaxseed meal)
- 1 1/2 scoop of protein (I use Vegan SunWarrior Vanilla)
- 2 Tablespoon Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter/ or your favourite nut butter (my favourite is Almond Butter)
- 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1/5 cup of almond milk 
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then roll them into balls in Shredded Coconut 

Acai Bowl 
               You can now make the popular Acai beach bowls in your own home :) 




- 2 Frozen Acai smoothie sachets


- Coconut water ( H2COCO my favourite)

- 1/2 banana

- 2 Strawberries

BLEND!

Top off with gluten free muesli, banana, strawberries and shredded coconut.


                                                 Clean Coconut Treats 


Simple ingredients, and they taste amazing!

Preheat oven to 160 - 180 degrees
Base:
In a bowl mix up
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of organic honey
- Add 3 cups of desiccated coconut 
Roll into balls GENTLY and place them on baking paper/tin then slightly flatten them (be careful they don't crumble) 
Cook until golden brown (Approx. 10 mins)
Take them out and let them cool. If you touch them while hot they will crumble.

Cacao moose:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Cacao powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons of organic honey
- Dash of vanilla essence 
Whisk with the beater until in turns glossy!
Gently spread the moose of the macaroon base
Add whatever toppings you like! My favourites are (Goji Berries, coco nibs, shredded coconut, almonds)

Make sure you follow Emmajaypaterson on Instagram for more healthy tips and recipes :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment